PACIFIC COAST FIELD GUIDE
Eventually, we hope to have a comprehensive field guide to the intertidal life of the Pacific coast. It will include pictures to help you identify species, as well as written descriptions and general information about the organisms.
If all goes well, this guide will be up and running...eventually. Stay tuned.
In the meantime, here is a list of books that are useful for species identification:
1. Shells and Shellfish of the Pacific Northwest (Rick M. Harbo)
2. Seashore Life of the Northern Pacific Coast: An Illustrated Guide (Eugene N. Kozloff)
3. Sea Stars of British Columbia, Southeast Alaska, and Puget Sound (Philip Lambert)
4. Sea Cucumbers of British Columbia, Southeast Alaska, and Puget Sound and Southern Alaska (Philip Lambert)
5. Whelks to Whales: Coastal Marine Life of the Pacific (Rick M. Harbo)
6. Coastal Fishes of the Pacific Northwest (Andrew Lamb)
7. Pacific Seaweeds (Louis Druehl)
8. The Beachcomber's Guide to Seashore Life in the Pacifix Northwest ( J. Duane Sept)
9. Marine Invertebrates of the Pacific Northwest (Eugene N. Kozloff)